Safety and Security
Montessori School of Louisville is a SEC Certified Secure School!
In 2017, MSL secured the services of SEC to ensure our school had the highest level of security available. Prior to the students arriving in August, SEC conducted on site training for staff, a Site Vulnerability Assessment, and created custom emergency plans. This custom emergency plan includes procedures for Evacuation, Shelter in Place, Lock Out, Lock Down and Reunification. A plan is only as good as the training, so our community practices drills throughout the year.
Our security measures include:
- School Emergency Plan created by SEC and submitted to local officials
- Monitored, keycode entry to the school
- Instant background checks on all visitors
- Fingerprint check in and out procedures for students
- Text alerts for parents in the event of emergencies